Home > Forum
Title: herbs to cool heat/yang usage
Reply this topic
Messager Message
Emeka Posted - 16/5/2017 20:41:22
Greetings fellow TCM lovers.
As a foreigner living in China, I'm very interested in TCM & using usually use it for treatments.
After researching about how to remove excess heat/yang from my body/blood, I learnt some techniques (blood-letting, cooling herbs & acupressure) which I start practicing immediately. I just got delivery of the raw dry herbs (Sheng Di Huang, Xuan Shen, Mu Dan Pi and Chi Shao) but I am confused about how to use them, I have checked online but no adequate info about their application.
Can anyone knowledgeable in this area advice me?

sls Posted - 17/5/2017 16:57:51
The herbs you mentioned are classified under the category of Heat-clearing and blood-cooling medicinal. Normally TCM use them in decoction with a suitable matching.
Here is some information or your reference:
Sheng Di Huang(Rehmanniae Radix): To cool the blood, nourish yin and engender fluid
Xuan Shen(Scrophulariae Radix): To cool the blood, nourish yin, quench fire, and counteract toxin
Mu Dan Pi(Moutan Cortex): To cool the blood, activate blood circulation and resolve blood stasis.
Chi Shao(Paeoniae Rubra Radix): To cool the blood, eliminate blood stasis, and relieve pain.

Should better get professional advice from your TCM practitioner or pharmacist before taking the herbs.

back