Home > Forum
Title: Facial redness
Reply this topic
Messager Message
Andy Posted - 12/3/2017 6:00:58
From time to time i seem to get facial redness that comes and goes - where around the nose it can get red after eating or when it is very cold, but when i am warm or slightly stressed i can feel the heat rising to my face. A lot of the time the skin tone will be completely normal but then other times it seems to have a slight hint of redness, focussing around the nose area. I also find my body can either me too cold i.e cold hands, nose, feet or too hot, rarely normal. Do you know any TCM that could help or explain these symptoms ie. organs linked or an internal issue causing. Thanks very much!
Andy Posted - 20/3/2017 3:23:02
It has been on and off for a while really, sometimes i can have no symptoms whatsoever and then other times i can. I don't take any medication no. It seems to get worse under stress where i can feel my body heating up, or sometimes just my nose gets red for a little bit. it seems when the weather is cold all my limbs get very cold but then when it gets warmer i can sometimes overheat. but it seems to be the redness around the nose that is the problem, where the blood seems to rise sometimes towards it. i have had sleep issues for a number of years now if that helps!
R Posted - 19/3/2017 16:59:59
Are you taking medication?
Do you have health problem?
How long have you been like this?
Many causes can develop red face, you may need to do some checkup if this experience is a short term problem.

If it is mainly due to a hyperactive nervous system, you can learn some skills to help yourself calming down.

From a Chinese medicine view, red face may be associated with lung and stomach accumulated heat. But the underlying disharmony can only know by detail evaluation.

back