Home > Forum
Title: TCM and Autism
Reply this topic
Messager Message
Sita Posted - 7/6/2016 2:47:49
My son is three and has severe autism. I have already started my son on aa gluten free casein free diet and have started some biomedical treatment with a variety of vitamin, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. He will also be starting therapy soon. I have read that tcm can also be very helpful for autism but I d not know which blends of herbs would be best. Does anyone know which blends for autism. My sons most extreme symptoms are aggressive behavior and the inability to talk or communicate effectively.
TCM Posted - 13/6/2016 12:05:23
For autism, educational interventions are regarded as the major approach for management.
There is not enough evidence that herbal supplements are effective for the symptoms, since the complex ingredients of herbs can hardly enter the brain and take actions. From a Chinese medicine viewpoint, although autism is due to brain malfunction, it is also associated with disharmony of organ systems, especially the heart, liver and kidney. Some reported that special acupuncture techniques along with herbs can help them calm.

back