Home > Forum
Title: Sweaty palms
Reply this topic
Messager Message
adil Posted - 30/10/2015 11:42:50
I was wondering why is it that when I wear socks with shoes, my feet start to get extremely hot and sweaty and my palms also start to get very hot and sweaty as a result. Do you think it might have something to do with my body temperature? If I wear sandals, the issue becomes less of a problem since my feet don't feel as hot and thus I no longer sweat as much on my palms and soles of feet but can still sweat on those areas. The sweat can also occasionally occur spontaneously during the day when relaxing without socks or shoes, and can also occur with little bit of anxiety.

I also weigh 224 pounds and I am 6 ft so not the healthiest. I have always drank cold bottled water but have recently started drinking warmer bottled water. My tongue is also heavily coated and is a bit yellow due to constant phlegm production. Do you have any ideas for why this happens and what sort of supplements you would advise for this situation? This seriously makes social interaction very hard. Thanks.

mark Posted - 18/11/2015 7:04:15
Sweaty palms and sweating in general could be also to weak defensive energy. In acupuncture and Chinese Medicine its the Lungs, which control pores, could also be imbalance of the Kidneys and/or Heart.

I am an acupuncturist in NYC.
http://www.newyorkacupuncturecenter.com/

TCM Posted - 6/11/2015 14:27:40
Suggest you learn some stress management skills, a calm mental state is definitely beneficial to you, and helps to reduce sweating. Too much sugary snacks may induce acid reflux and disturbs your sleep.
You should modify your eating habits to clear the throat problem.
http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/exam/cough_dietary.html#recipes

Chinese medicine needs to identify a disharmony pattern and prescribe specifically, after that the remedy also has to adjust constantly according to the responses. Over the counter herbal supplements may not fit you and should be taken with caution.
Sometimes, sweating problem runs in family, Chinese medicine may not be effective enough.

If your palm sweating really disturbs daily activities, you need to consult a dermatologist for professional advice.

adil Posted - 1/11/2015 7:19:11
I am 18. I can recall this happening suddenly last year when when I was in class and it was a very hot day. It was a very stressful year. I use to have a lot of night sweats when I was younger but this has slowly decreased with age (very rarely happens but still can if very hot). When I take long walks, my lower back starts to hurt for some reason (may be due to weight). The weird thing is that when I have a cold/mild flu, my hands and feet will no longer be as hot when I wear socks and shoes and the sweating of the soles and palms would just completely stop. Sometimes when I sit down, my hands and feet can become cold as well and then when I put on socks for relief, the soles and palms become very hot and start to sweat. So it seems that it can become both very hot and cold.

I can easily become stressed out of little things for some reason for e.g. if an ambulance goes by with its loud sirens, it gives me a little jump.

I do not have any digestive problems that I am aware of although, it does seem as if there is a long break between when I need to use the toilet to take a number 2. Also, if I eat a lot of sugary snacks, I get a weird tummy ache which makes it very hard to go sleep.

When I was a few years younger (14/15), I use to smoke marijuana (bad influence around me) and since I have stopped from the age of 16, phlegm production seems constant.

TCM Posted - 31/10/2015 13:06:36
How old are you?
How long have you been like this? What is your body temperature?

In Chinese medicine, warm palms and soles are associated with yin deficiency disharmony, a sign of internal weakness. It is advised to modify life habits and keep a healthy diet first.
http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/lifestyles/tcmrole_sleep_shift.html

Do you have digestive problem? Your tongue sign may be associated with it?

back