Home > Forum
Title: Blockage of head meridians
Reply this topic
Messager Message
Paul Posted - 29/1/2015 13:51:08
I am confused as to the underlying reason of my blocked meridians in the head region. I have heard 2 opinions:

1. head meridian is blocked because meridians in face/front of body are blocked. My hair loss started from the crown, and I have lost most of the hair on the whole top of my head. And the skin on the crown of my head is clearly full of Qi (is tight and not of good color).

2. recently heard second opinion -- that the root cause of blockage of head meridians is dampness (shiqi) around the 1st vertebrae (T1 or maybe C7) and neck vertebrae (C1).

I hope someone can help me understand. I have 2 different massage therapists who have these differing opinions, and wish to base their therapy on their respective theories (opinions).

Thanks in advance for your attention,
Paul

TCM Posted - 3/2/2015 11:47:58
You should still have abundant brain power at this age.
It may be due to information or cognitive overload, because technologies bring us too much information every day, and the nervous system becomes overstimulated. A balanced living, proper diet and relaxing techniques are important.

Herbs like polygala root, Indian bread with pine, gingko leaf and acorus are claimed to be beneficial to brain.

Paul Posted - 30/1/2015 19:13:37
Hi,

Thanks for your response!

1. I am 43 years old.

2. scalp has always been very oily. Recently as a result of massage & other therapy (blood letting of scalp) it has become less oily and scaling, and better color.

3. my main concern is more related to improving my brain function (memory, ability to concentrate, etc.), but getting my hair back would be a nice bonus.

Hope to hear back from you.

TCM Posted - 30/1/2015 18:48:08
Our body condition can easily be shifted due to factors like living environment, mental state, diet, daily activities or even disease, therefore disharmony pattern is not constant and unchangeable.
How old are you, what is the condition of your scalp?
If hair loss is your main problem, two commonly causes are:
1.Over-heated blood and wind irritation (mostly dry and scaly scalp)
2.Damp-heat in spleen and stomach (mostly oily scalp)

Below are the meridian distributions for your reference:
http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/treatment/acupuncture_meridian.html#1

back