Home > Forum
Title: Nocturnal emissions
Reply this topic
Messager Message
Samir Posted - 4/12/2014 22:52:06
Hi everyone, first time posting here.

For the past year or so, since I have tried to stop all sexual activity (including the way that i think) for cultivation purposes, I keep having nocturnal emissions maybe 2 (or sometimes 3) times a month.
I really don't want to be held back by this as it seems to setback all my training and efforts.
I have researched the possible causes tcm suggests and the most relevant to me seems to be too much heart fire. I practise intense chigong daily and around an hour of meditation, my diet is fairly balanced so I don't think its weakness of kidneys especially since I dont have any such symptoms either.
I say too much heart fire because there seems to be an almost direct correlation between the nights I dont meditate just before sleeping and when I have a nocturnal emission. I say almost because around 10% of the time even when I do meditate I think I have a nocturnal emission.
And if it is of any significance, I used to have vivd dreams and be aware when I had the emission, or woke up mid-way or just before. However now, I either don't remember the dream or don't have the dream. The only indications I have now that I made have had a nocturnal emission is that my boxers are slightly damp and that I have the same back pain associated with ejaculation.

Thanks if you've managed to read this long post, does anyone have any suggestions on what can be done to stop it completely?

siva Posted - 16/1/2015 14:44:03
Hi Samir

Have you found the solution to your problem. Kindly update.

However the following might help

Reduce body heat by intake of lot of water and fruits like pomogranate
Taking fenugreek in diet also helps to cool the body.
Just take fruits and milk in the night.
Don't sleep with uncleared stomach.

If you have found better solutions please share here.

TCM Posted - 8/12/2014 15:52:33
Seem like virtual fire due to yin deficiency.
http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/exam/formulae4.html

Sometimes, improper qi gong practice can lead to undesirable reactions.

back